font-family: 'Arizonia', cursive; Michael Stichauf - "As I understand it now...'til it changes"

Thursday, January 9, 2014

UGH- Am I Stuck!!

For two weeks now, I've been sitting here staring at this screen trying to figure out what I want to write about next! I can't stand it. I'm NEVER at a lose for an opinion but these past two weeks, I can't find anything to bitch, complain or even praise! Actually, there are two or three things that I'm thinking about... I just can't string a couple of syllables together, let alone a sentence or two.

I can remember years ago, before I ever thought about writing, not being able to understand how a writer couldn't figure out what to write about. Writer's block?!?! What? That's what they do... WRITE! Just scribble down whatever you're thinking about at the time! Ya...OKAY! Easier said than done. 

Now, I understand that in order to have "Writer's block", you really should be considered a writer, right? O.K., maybe I can't really say that I've got "Writer's block". Maybe I'm just stuck on STUPID! No, anyone who knows me knows that I'm too arrogant to consider myself stupid... that won't work. Well, I don't know what I'll call it but I CAN'T COME UP WITH  ANYTHING TO WRITE ABOUT! 

Hopefully, one of our brilliant politicians will do something that sparks something in me that will finally break this logjam in my brain. Actually, something came to light yesterday in New Jersey. Apparently, someone in charge of the bridges in that great state decided to close down a few lanes of a bridge that allowed access to a town called Fort Lee. Folks are saying that it has something to do with "political payback" because the Democratic Mayor of Fort Lee refused to endorse New Jersey's Governor Chris Christie in his last election. Imagine that, "political payback", NEVER heard of that before!

Oh well, let's see wh-- hold on here, I may have just broken through my "writer's block". Stay tuned, I may have something in a few days. Thanks for your patience... as if you were waiting with baited breath.

That's "As I understand it now... 'til it changes".

No comments:

Post a Comment